Tuesday, December 11, 2012

......

BECAUSE OF THE clement weather, and the fact that my yard man's got his very own horses hauling a wagon at Elizabeth Tree Farm, today was the day that he readily hopped into his truck and set off with me to get a Christmas tree! (Reader Dear, his horses are only on loan to somebody else, who is doing the driving of them; but triumphant tunes are playing in my head, nonetheless: I call it an accurate prediction!*)








In spite of the mild weather, the Christmas tree farm was far less than busy on this Tuesday afternoon.  Two employees showered us with attention and were of much assistance in the procuring of the tree.  When I expressed an interest in choosing a "less than ideal" tree, as was the case last year, they showed us to an area where the trees are all half-priced after five p.m.  When I wailed, "After five p.m?!"  they allowed as how two-forty in the afternoon was close enough.   
When we got the tree home, and my yard man was cropping and finagling it into the stand, I had the sinking sensation that this "less than ideal" tree was a bit farther from perfection than I had quite realized at the farm. (One might have to shade one's eyes and squint off into the distance).  But I gave a sigh, and settled for "close enough!"

......

*Or at least, close enough!

No comments: