Sunday, April 8, 2012

......

FIRST OF ALL there was Easter Eve, concerning which a sister of my Yard Man had sent out an email: Everyone is invited to our place Saturday evening for supper and a shuffleboard tournament. Come for supper about 6, pulled pork BBQ sandwiches. Let me know if you are coming so I can set up the teams. Hope to see you all!
And so there we all were: Myself and my Yard Man, plus both my tiny actors and their support crews, amidst a noisy crowd of kith and kin!



We ate up the delicious supper of...well, Reader Dear,
were you paying attention?! Though you can't know, of course,
that added to the pork barbeque was a yummy array of other edibles,
some of them carried in by the shuffleboard players.


While it's true that most of the shuffleboard players
carried something in, only two were able to carry
something out:
The Grand
Prize!

Dear Reader, there was not a single seasoned
shuffleboard player on any team, which made
it no less amusing and amazing that I, myself,*
walked away with the gold!



Well, they're more of a yellow color, but a
pretty sweet prize,***
at any rate!























......
(*Along with my teammate,of course [a daughter
of mine], who carried away her own flower
prize!**)
......
(**That generous sis-in-law of mine who organized
this event dashed upstairs for a second pot of
flowers she just happened to have, and pressed
upon each of us winners a bag of candy to boot!
"I thought there'd be at least one man on the winning team!" she
laughed, "Maybe two. The candy was going to go to them!")
......
(***Though better than any tangible prize was the fun of playing
against brothers-in-law and nephews who excel at wisecracks!)
......

No comments: