Sunday, August 15, 2010

...



VIVA LA MUSICA!
CHARMINGLY, THOUGH INADVERTENTLY, TODAY WAS First Annual Front Row Music Day for me and my yard man. Twice we found ourselves enjoying the live performance of an international music group, in each case listening from very close proximity. Later I pouted to the yard man that I had no sound proof of our evening's attendance at the Long's Park concert by the Irish group the Saw Doctors. You'll just have to take my word for it, Dear Reader--it was fantastic. From the front row at the very edge of the amphitheater where we stood, the music beat a rhythm in our chests and took two or three weeks' worth of hearing off the end of our lives, but it was worth it.









Earlier in the day we had taken a notion to go and enjoy the performance of a German boys choir--Knabenchor Wuppertaler Kurrende--and of that I've got plenty of footage! When we arrived at the local church where the event was being held, it was packed out to standing room only; folks were leaving, in fact--not content to be seated on folding chairs in the nether regions of the building. The doors to the sanctuary had been closed and the lobby was thick with people milling about.




But being the resourceful person that I am, and much to my yard man's amazement (okay, mine too), I managed to secure seats for us at the very front of that expansive auditorium. We sat on folding chairs with a dozen or so other folks who had an excellent view of the conductor's facial expressions and a close-up side view of the choir. Even better, we were privy to behind-the-scenes scenes that enhanced my viewing pleasure immensely.







Already I'm looking forward to the second of these annual events
(whenever it might inadvertently occur),
and hoping for the same delightful diversity!



...

No comments: