Thursday, June 17, 2010

...



TODAY'S OPERATION WENT WELL. It was a good day on which to
have scheduled it, the weather being so perfect and all. I arrived well
in advance of the time I was to be there...not that I was nervous, but
I certainly didn't wish to be late.

First thing, the operating tables were set up. (They were not your
standard operating tables, but a slightly more adaptable version. And,
yes, there were two of them--adjusted in place, side by side). The tools
were all laid out, ready to be put to use. I asked a lot of questions, wanting
to be sure things would go smoothly. One never knows, Dear Reader.
Things can go wrong, you know--little slip-ups that make all the difference.

But...those operating technicians answered every question with confidence.
They assured me that the outcome would be excellent.

It was time to begin. The technicians lost no time, but set right
to work; and, before I knew it, the first part of the operation was over--
they had finished the glassectomy, and the condition of the door: pane-free.

Slick as a whistle, then, they had a new piece of glass on the tables,
wrapping the door frame around it--tucking and tapping with their tools,
hoisting it up promptly to put it back into service.







It's such a relief to have it over;
I'd been itching to scratch that job off my list for ever so long:








DO SOMETHING!! about the fogged-up
glass in #57's sliding door!




So, then.
That operation went so smoothly, I immediately scheduled the next.











They carted away the sliding screen door. It's to be admitted, and tomorrow's operation will be for removal of its stubbornness.

(I'm hoping it goes without a hitch).
....

1 comment:

Retractable Screen Doors said...

Yay google is my queen helped me to find this great site! .